|Job Title: Program Assistant||Hours: 32.5 hours per week|
|Department: Northeastern Workforce Development Board (NWDB)||FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)|
|Reports to: NWDB Executive Director||Approved by: NWDB Board of Directors|
|Starting Pay: $19.05 hourly||Date: December 16, 2022|
POSTING DATE: December 16, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2022 (close of business 4:30 p.m.)
HOW TO APPLY: Submit application, letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com or:
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Administration Office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street or by calling (207) 942-8535 x2200.
This position will provide administrative and program support to the executive director of the Northeastern Workforce Development Board (NWDB).
The Program Assistant helps plan, coordinate, and execute local workforce board meetings, committee meetings, project committee meetings, grant planning, program reviews/evaluations and monitoring, and events including work on strategies for marketing and outreach through print, email, and social media.
- Preparing documentation for formal agreements
- Managing online resources
- Managing the Program Manager’s calendar
- Processing invoices and receipts for vendors and suppliers
- Attending Board-related meetings and taking minutes
- Responding to emails and answering calls
- Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders of impending appointments
- Typing letters and reports as may be required from time to time
- Compiling and sending bulk mailings
- Proofreading and making copies of documents
- Assisting in the planning and overseeing significant events
- Assisting in managing the budget for special and routine events
- Making reservations for various off-site business meetings
- Relaying internal emails to staff and stakeholders
- Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in-office meetings
- Occasionally represents the NWDB at local meetings, taking notes and debriefing the executive director
- Provides assistance during workforce program monitoring efforts, including file reviews and participant interviews.
- Works closely with all project partners to assure successful completion of the project.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong inclination for customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Creative thinking
- Proper compositional practices
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Familiarity with office equipment
- Strong organizational skills
- Polite, clear and compelling communication skills
- Type 55 words per minute
- Ability to maintain website information
Bachelor’s Degree in field of professional administration or four years combined education/work experience. Preference given to those candidates with administrative work experience in workforce development field
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations :
Valid driver’s license
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Light to moderate lifting is required (up to 30 lbs.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional travel required.
Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.